- I’m probably the only blogger that didn’t link to or comment on Joel’s latest essay, duct tape programmers. I am not going to bother commenting on it either as Joel’s writing tends to just infuriate me and make me wonder why *anyone* is paying attention. There have been many responses but one of the latest that I find a lot of agreement with is Ayende’s response.
- Here is another response from Scott Reynolds
- Taking your Northwind Database to SQL Azure and binding it to an ASP.NET Data Grid Part 1 – In the first article, Harish explores getting access to SQL Azure, creating your first database, accessing it with SQL Server Management Studio and then migrating the Northwind database schema to SQL Azure using the SQL Azure Migration Wizard Beta
- Part 2 of the above – Part 2 of the article explains binding to the Data Grid
- Remix 2009 session – Slides and code – Maarten presents his slides and code from his ASP.NET MVC Wisdom session that has the following abstract, “Building a Twitter clone in 60 minutes, featuring what's new in ASP.NET MVC 2 preview 1 and focusing on some of the core ASP.NET MVC features like security and routing."
- Windows Azure and Cloud Computing Posts for 9/28/2009+ – Latest in this excellent series
WCF/Service Design/Workflow (WF)
- RELEASE: WSCF.blue v1.0 – Awesome! It’s done! The number one premier Contract-First design tool for WCF services is available. See the post for the list of features
- Binary Encoding, Part 6 – Dr. Nick continues the series
- Deep Fried Bytes – Workflow Part 2 is Up – The second part of Brian Noyes’ interview on WF part, present, and future is up
- Choosing a Data Access Layer for Silverlight 3 - Shawn explores and contracts the three main options of Web Services/ASO.NET Data Services, and RIA Services.